Work Visas - H1b,H2b,L1,R1 Visas

If you have a Bachelor's Degree and an employer in the United Stated. Willing to Sponsor you for H1B

Work Visas - H1B and H2B visas - Immigration Lawyers

What is H1B WORK VISA?

H-1B Non-Immigrant work visa may be issued to H1B applicants seeking temporary work in a "specialty occupation" which requires the skills of a professional with the Bachelor's Degree and sufficient combination of skills, education and experience to meet the H-1B requirements for a professional "specialty" occupation.

This office prepares H1B petitions for H1B applicants who are currently in the U.S. on a valid non-immigrant visa and for H1B applicants abroad.


To get H1B visa the combination of your education, skills and experience must meet the "specialty occupation" standard. H1B petitions filed by accountants, marketing managers, financial managers, lab technologists, computer analysts, programmers, database administrators, web designers, social workers, medical technologists, dietitians, economists, mechanical engineers, librarians, financial analysts, scientists, pharmacists , architects, lawyers, physicians, teachers in elementary or secondary schools, colleges or seminaries and other similarly situated H1B applicants usually get approved. The petitions are submitted by employers based on their need for the foreign employee. The H1-B applicant should possess a bachelor's degree in arts or sciences or requisite experience to make up for the lack of requisite education.

H-1B visas must be filed by United States, employers and not foreign companies. The employer must show that the position requires a professional in a specialty occupation and that the potential employee has the required Qualifications.

Definition of a specialty occupation is an occupation that requires a theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge, and the attainment of a bachelor's or higher degree in the specific specialty or its equivalent as a minimum for entry into the occupation. Very often the U.S. state where the job is offered will require a license to practice your particular occupation and if you don't have such a license, your H1B petition may be denied.

Only foreign workers with higher education/bachelor degree or its equivalent may apply H1B visas, thus housekeepers, babysitters, bodyshop workers, cashiers, sales clerks and other low skilled workers can not successfully file for H1B visa. The proper visa for low skill workers without bachelor degrees is H2B visa or labor certification to get permanent residency in the U.S.

Visas non-immigrant there are for workers who are employed in a "specialty occupation" by a United States employer. Eligible applicants need to have a Bachelor's Degree or professional experience, which is equivalent to a degree. Examples of "specialty occupations" are accountants, engineers, doctors, scientists, architects, teachers, professors, management consultants, market research analysts, physical therapists, and fashion models with "distinguished merit and ability." The visa is issued initially for up to three years and may be extended for up to six years.

H-2 category is divided between temporary workers performing

"agricultural labor or services of temporary or seasonal nature, and temporary workers performing "other temporary service or labor. To qualify for H-2: applicant must be coming temporarily to U.S.; applicant must be performing temporary services/labor; and employer must demonstrate that no U.S. workers capable of performing such services/labor are available in U.S.

Religious Worker visa R-1; visa for religious workers

R-l Non-Immigrant Visa is for persons who work for non-profit religious organizations. The worker must be a member of a religious denomination for two years immediately preceding the application. The initial period of admission is three years. The R-l non-immigrant visa can lead directly to permanent residency status through a petition by the U.S. organization. (EB-4).

L-1 Work Visas

L-1 Non-immigrant visa is for managers, executives (L1-A) and persons with "specialized knowledge" (L1-B), who are being transferred by a foreign company to a U.S. branch, subsidiary, or affiliate office.

L-1 Classification, permits employment in the United States for a period of three (3) years (only one year for new U.S. company) and can be extended for up to seven years (L-1A) or five years (L1-B). L-1 classification is a quick way to obtain permanent residency as a priority worker, without the labor certification process

H3 visas for trainees

H-3 trainee non-immigrant visa is for individuals who participate in an established training program offered in the U.S. The visa is suitable for people who do not have a Bachelor's Degree.

For more information call us to make an appointment

Call now for your free in Office Consultation (213)534-1827


Los Angeles Immigration Lawyers Deportation Defense

los angeles immigration lawyers

Call Today for a Free in Office Consultation


  • Our Address

    3550 Wilshire Blvd Suite #1772
    Los Angeles, CA 90010, U.S.

  • Consulting Hours

    Mon - Fri 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
    Weekends Closed

  • Contact Us